Sunday 10 July 2011

Goallllllll

There hasn't been much activity in these parts for the last week or so, no trips out, except mundane shopping, no walking, admiring, exclaiming or excitement. Not that I mind as I get to work on my hobbies and I still get to do things I love. So there has been quite a lot of knitting instead.

I set myself 10 goals for July and one is now finished and the other just has the cast off and blocking to do.

The first one to be completed was my C socks for the A-Z challenge. I was glad to get these off the needles as they've been lingering since February as other shinies caught my attention.

C Socks - Charade

I had to alter the size of these as the pattern was for size medium only so I increased the stitch count to 72 for my large feet. They have grown on me as I wasn't enamoured with them to start with but another stash yarn bites the dust!

The project nearly finished is my Bois Shawl. The cast off on this is taking quite a while as it is an icord bind off with beads, very time consuming. But I'm loving the result. The thing is with shawls I love love to knit them but I don't wear them. Some people can carry them off, such as the Duchess of Cambridge, but not me they make me look old and frumpy!

I think I'll finish a couple of the quick goals tomorrow. I need to put my Tempting onto yarn as it currently sits on needles and then try it on. I have put some weight on since I started this many moons ago and it is a tight fitting rib sweater so I can see this being frogged!!

Tempting Sweater

Look see how small it is, it just looks like a rib tube at the moment though I have added the sleeves since this picture was taken.
Then I'll cast on my N socks, I still haven't decided on a pattern so I'll need to do that first, and knit the first sock cuff. To tie in with the challenge it does need casting on before the 15th July so better get a move on.

Right it's time to get on with that bind off as it won't finish itself....

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment