Thursday 7 July 2011

Business as Usual!

This past weekend DS was off sailing at Derwent Reservoir in Co Durham. The area looks lovely and according to the boys it is. Sigh! I miss all the lovely places they go to as DD and I have to stay at home with the dog, Stan, and because of DD's training. To go away on a Friday evening for a weekend means she misses 3 of her 5 weekly sessions!
So we dutifully stayed at home and pottered around as we always do.
There was a bit of retail therapy on Saturday, nothing exciting just clothes for DD. The item she was most excited about was a bracelet. She's wanted a Pandora bracelet for a while but being an 11 year old they are too expensive for her to buy so she bought one from Dorothy Perkins. So much cheaper. She opted for a bracelet with blue beads already on that was nearly half price and then chose 3 beads so she could chop and change.
Well after all that shopping it was time to go and sit in our usual haunt, Costa Coffee, I should have shares in that coffee shop!!

The afternoon was taken with crafting. I was knitting while DD made a mosaic dolphin. Its now on our kitchen window and looks beautiful!

Dolphin Mosaic

We bought the original kit from Woodlands Garden Centre a while ago but as DD was bored she dug it out again and sat patiently for most of the afternoon sticking the small gel tiles to the backing. Now if anyone knows DD they know she doesn't do sitting still, she even watches the TV upside down while doing a handstand on the sofa, so this was quite an achievement. We do have another somewhere but we have no idea where, perhaps its time to do a bit of spring cleaning, especially DD's boxes!!

My time was taken with knitting on my Bois shawl that I am test knitting for the lovely ButterflyKnit. I've tested 4 of her shawls and I love love love them. They are so easy to knit and the end result is fantastic. Here is a progress picture I took earlier.

Bois Shawl

I had originally threaded some size 8 AB clear beads but after a few rows they just didn't look right so a-bead hunting I went. I ended up with some size 8 red beads but these got lost in the yarn so the final decision was some 3mm purple pearly type beads. They are quite small so you can just get a glimpse of them in the picture. I'm going to stick with these now and if when its finished I don't like them then it'll be time for a bit of destruction, I'll break each bead off with pliers!!

Right its time now to go make lunch. DS is off school at the moment. He came back from Derwent with an awful sore throat and high temp so he needs looking after.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment