Friday 5 August 2011

And Nearing the Finish Line...

Just a quick catch up on my July goals.

One goal was to finish my F socks. They are done, diddly done done, even after seriously kicking my butt. I have a real issue with these socks, nothing to do with the pattern, just me! Firstly they were coming out too big so tinked back to the rib and went down a couple of needles sizes. After finishing the first sock I was concerned about the amount of yarn left and after weighing it realised I wouldn't have enough, so began the search for a second skein. Could I find a matching one, no!! I ordered some more in the same colour but it was nothing like my skein that I got from a Ravelry destash with no label. The colour it was meant to be was more green than yellow and much paler. So I ordered a darker colour, this was much too dark. In the end I used the darker one for the toes, after reknitting them 3 times!!

F socks

Next was to finish the eighth repeat of my Aeolian. This took about half an hour to sort and its now ready for the next stage.

I started my N socks a week ago but if you remember I didn't like the way it was pooling, so it went into time out. So I cast on a different pair, Nemesis, in a different yarn. This is up to the heel on the first sock though the picture only shows the cuff.

N Socks - Nemesis

One goal was to start my Iris Mystery Shawl and finish clue 1. Finished and so quick too, though I can see the next clues will take a little while longer to complete. I'll take pictures once I start clue 2.

Well quite a productive week really, I'm well on my way to completing the 10 goals I set out.

Until next time xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment