Saturday 6 August 2011

August, What It's August Already!!

Where did July go......It just flew by, time seems to go by so quick now, blink and its gone!

I thought I'd recap my July knitting goals and set out 10 for August. Right let's see how successful I was.

1. Finish my Bois test knit. Done.
2. Finish my C socks. Done.
3. Finish my F socks. Done.
4. Finish the eighth repeat of the Yucca chart on my Aeolian.  Done.
5. Finish the first All Water Mitten.  Not Done.
6. Start my N socks.  Done twice.
7. Start my O socks. Done.
8. Start the Iris Mystery Shawl and finish clue 1.  Done.
9. Frog Tempting.  Done.
10. Cast on another project. Done.

Well I actually didn't think I would get as much of the list done as I did but it shows what can be achieved when you are organised. 9 out of 10 isn't bad. I can't see it lasting long though, I'm rubbish at being organised!

Now for my August goals, again I'll go for 10 and see how I go.

1. Knit the transition chart on my Aeolian. My plan is a little every month on this to get it finished. I love knitting it but not in one go.

2. Finish the project cast on in July.

3. Finish my I socks.

4. Start my P socks.

5. Start my Q socks.

6. Finish clue 2 and 3 on my Iris Mystery Shawl.

7. Finish my Ruffles are Red Scarf. It just needs the ribbon adding and pictures taken.

8. Finish one J sock.

9. Start the Westknits Mystery Shawl. Finish clue 1.

10. Make some more ripples on my Ripple Blanket.

I did start my O socks and they are down to the heel flap. I opted for Ookuru socks by Himawari. I love the pattern though it is proving slightly more demanding than I thought it would thanks to the double increases, when you are a tight knitter like me, increasing twice in a stitch is very tricksy!

O Socks - Ookuru

My last goal was to cast on another project. I've done this but it is a super secret project so I can't give any details until later in the year. I knew it would be happening and it's not anything by me but something I'm working on for another designer. Watch this space!

Time to love you and leave you and get cracking with the goals, it's going to be tough this month xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment