Thursday 14 April 2011

Don't You Just Love Sunny Weekends.....

We love the weekends at Honeysuckle Hill, lots of milling about and crafting.

Our Saturdays start at 5.30am when we are up and about ready to take my daughter (DD) to swim training. Early start but it means we don't end up lazing about in our pj's (though I do love to do this as well!).
Now I don't know if you are the same as me but I take for granted the lovely area I live in right on the edge of the English countryside. It was a gorgeous day on Saturday so we decided to take a walk round Thornton Reservoir, a 5 minute drive away.

Isn't it glorious.

The sun glinting on the water creating silhouettes:

Thornton Reservoir


Thornton Church peeking through the trees:


Thornton Church from the pathway

And from the other side of the reservoir:

Thornton Church

Now while I sat and drank a coffee from The Lodge DD just stood and stared out at the water, daydreaming:

Daydreaming

And made dandelion chains:

Dandelion chain

Now as a family we are fascinated by water, DD swims and my son (DS) sails. DD and I rarely see OH (other half) and DS as they are away sailing most weekends, this weekend they were at Rutland Water, another beautiful nature reserve, well worth a visit.

After our 2.5 mile walk we were feeling a bit peckish and ready for some refreshments so we pootled off to Woodlands Nurseries.  I cannot express how much I love love this place, so many displays to ooh and aah at, while resisting the temptation to buy everything in sight. It is going through extensive renovations at the moment but its still great eye candy.
Do you want a peek:

Best of British - Royal Botanical Gardens Display

Woodlands Display

Cath Kidston:

Cath Kidston

Look at those colours:

Houseplants at Woodlands

After a hearty lunch we headed off home for some crafting in the sunshine.

But that I'll leave for another day.

Bye for now xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment